The Author's Guide To Dialogue Punctuation
Improve the way you write, format and punctuate dialogue.
The course covers six key areas:
- The first looks at basic principles of writing dialogue: quotation marks.
- The second expands on this knowledge: other punctuation marks.
- The third looks at attribution (the old “he said,” “she said” thing).
- The fourth examines beats (the text between dialogue).
- The fifth ties up the loose ends.
- The sixth provides an example of dialogue that is unformatted and has no punctuation. You should use this as an example to fine-tune your skills.